Thursday 18 January 2018

Summative Project Report (Evaluation)

Overall, I think this project was a mild success. I'm confident that my theory and research in the essay supports my practice and presents my own arguments about my subject.

However, I spent too much time on the essay, neglecting my practice until the last couple of weeks. I also changed the idea for my practical work, switching from gendered characters to genderless, which meant I had to adapt most of my original ideas. I'm happy with the content of the comics, but drawing so reductively to make the characters' genders ambiguous was a challenge for me. I'm used to drawing more complex characters.

My time management was not good, and hopefully that's something I can improve in future modules. I struggle to motivate myself and self-direct my time. I like the idea of drawing social media comics though, and I might use this format in my extended practice module.

No comments:

Post a Comment